Calling all kids ages 8-10! Join us for a week of bird-focused learning and activities
The week starts with a behind-the-scenes tour of Pelican Harbor Seabird Station. Campers learn about wildlife rehabilitation and get to help prep food for some of the patients. We’ll learn to see the world from a bird’s eye view, with bird taxonomy, anatomy, and flight activities. We’ll then zoom out to learn about South Florida ecosystem. From native plants and animals to how our water flows, we’ll discover the beauty of South Florida. We’ll take two boat trips during the week out on the Pelican Skipper to look for birds and do a beach cleanup. Finally, we’ll wrap up the week by witnessing a rehabilitated bird being released back into the wild.
• Bird Release + Bird Adoption ($100 value)
• History and Behind-the- Scenes tour of Pelican Harbor Seabird Station
• Two Boat Trips
• Turtle Talk with Chris Boykin
• Everglades Board Game “Swamped”
• Information about South Florida ecosystems, flight dynamic activities, and more!
• Daily Snacks (campers will bring their own lunches)
Cost: $250/week (6 scholarships available)